Saturday 20 April 2013

Malaysian Style Beans Stir Fry



Restaurant Style Beans Stir fry!


Beans stir fry is a common vegetable side dish in typical Indian restaurants in Malaysia, the
pepper flavour is really unique.  Upon tasting many times in restaurants, I came up with my
own version, which (to my surprise) turned out very well.  Here’s the recipe.

Ingredients:

Beans – 250 g

Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp.

Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp.

Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp.

Salt – to taste

Tempering:

Mustard seeds/Kadugu – ¼ tsp.

Fennel seeds/Sombu – ¼ tsp.

Cumin seeds/Seeragam – ¼ tsp.

Curry leaves – few

Oil – 1 tbsp.

Method:

Pour oil in a kadai/pan; add tempering ingredients, when it splutters, add beans sauté for
few minutes. Add salt, black pepper, turmeric, chilli powder and cook in low flame, for few
more minutes. Avoid over cooking, beans should still be firm, when you switch off. 
Restaurant style ‘Beans Stir fry’ is ready to serve.


Beans still firm.. not cooked through..






Restaurant Style Beans Stir fry!




2 comments:

  1. Wow!. Very delicious and healthy foods. I guess this Malaysian Style Beans Stir Fry is very delicious foods because of I heard that the beans in Malaysia is very yummy. I will try to cook this later and I wish I can cook this right. Thank you for sharing this.

    beef stir fry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beans available here is very fresh, you can even try the same recipe with 'long Beans' as well, though the cooking time can be longer, the taste is similar. Thanks for stopping by & looking forward to share more recipes in future.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your valuable feedback here, that will sure be a boost for me to go on.. Tnx